Preparing for hail where hail hits the hardest.
Everyone knows Colorado Springs hail hits the hardest. Major hail storms can hit here as frequent as 3-4 per year, causing massive damage to your vehicles. In today’s post, we will discuss the steps you should take to prepare for hail season. Our focus will be on vehicle protection, as we are a paintless dent repair shop.
- Insurance coverage. First order of business is to check your level of insurance coverage. If you have anything less than comprehensive coverage, the hail repair bill will be your responsibility to pay. With comprehensive, your auto hail damage repair is covered and your rates will not go up if you report your hail claim.
- Weather app. Having immediate access to weather conditions is imperative during the Colorado hail season. The official hail season starts April 15. Some good weather apps are below. Stay ahead of the storm to avoid auto hail damage.
- Dark Sky – Hyperlocal Weather.
- Weather Channel.
- Keep under cover. If you don’t have shelter at work or at home, start planning now. Search Google maps for local car washes, gas stations, and covered parking.
- Undercover, literally. You’ve probably already seen this DIY tactic around the city. Comforters, moving blankets, sleds, swim rafts, and many more. As silly as it sounds, most of these tactics do work. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right?
- Call Auto Hail Zone. We know more than a thing or two about hail preparedness, prevention, and repair, give us a call and we will answer any questions you may have about the weather patterns of Colorado.